The AZ GTI Wi-Fi head is a lightweight azimuth mount mounted on a 3/8 "or 1/4" tripod with a dedicated adapter.
The head is driven by precise stepper motors, supported by Freedom-Find technology, thanks to which it is possible to manually control the optical tube without fear of losing position by the SynScan system.
Controlling the AZ GTI WiFi head can be done either with a traditional remote control (option) or through the built-in WiFi module, through which it connects to a phone or tablet on which the SynScan application is installed.
AZ GTI WiFi is an extremely mobile device, weighing with a tripod less than 4 kg, which, combined with a large maximum load (5 kg), allows you to conduct field observations with the use of relatively large telescopes, such as Maksutov 127 mm or a refractor with a diameter of 80-10 mm, still remaining within the reasonable weight limit of a typical travel set.
• built-in WiFi module that allows you to control the head via a phone or tablet via the SynScan application
• the ability to use the head to control the shutter button of digital SLR cameras through a dedicated cable
• rich database in the SynScan application, with more than 10,000 objects
• thanks to the application of the Freedom-Find technology, it is possible to manually control the position of the optical tube without losing information about its position
• mounting type: azimuth
• maximum capacity: 5 kg
• telescope mount: dovetail 45 mm (Sky-Watcher / Vixen)
• driving speeds: star, solar, lunar
• compatible with tripods: 3/8 ", 1/4" (via adapter)
• tripod height: 80.5 - 152 cm
• tripod extension: 21.5 cm
• tripod material: aluminum
• built-in WiFi module: yes
• telescope control: wirelessly via the application (Android / iOS) or via a traditional controller
• SLR control: yes, wired shutter control, intervalometer
• power supply: 8 AA batteries or external power supply
• head weight: 1.3 kg
• weight of the head with a tripod: 3.9 kg
• AZ GTI Wi-Fi head
• 3/8 "aluminum tripod
• table for accessories
(above: tripod extension h = 21.5 cm, included)
(below: application examples)