Universal connector that allows you to attach a smartphone (phone with LCD) to many optical devices - telescopes, telescopes, microscopes.
• adjustment range of the smartphone clamp (width): 6 - 9.4 cm
• total height of the adapter: 14.5 cm
• Diameter of the clamp holding the eyepiece: 38 - 55 mm (in the case of attaching an eyepiece with a diameter of less than 38 mm, for example, a rubber element can be placed for a good fit, or other material such as felt, insulating tape , plastic profile)
• weight: 85 g
The maximum width of the phone is 9.5 cm, so you can mount smartphones with a screen up to 5.7 inches:
- Samsung - all models from the "Galaxy" series
- HTC - most models with android system
- Sony - most models with android system
- Nokia - models with the "Windows Mobile" system
- Apple iPhone - numerical models from "4" up "4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s" because the older models had a streamlined shape of the case and like "iPhone 2G" slip out of the handle.
Note: smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy Camera and Galaxy S4 ZOOM are not compatible with the retractable camera lens.
When using the bracket attached to the eyepiece, you should not use the highest resolution available in the camera, because usually you can not use the "zoom" option, which is necessary for the correct fit of the lens to the eyepiece (framing).
In the options, select (if possible) automatic focusing with high refresh rate and turn off the flash. Focusing point should be set to the center of the screen, and the ratio of photos and videos to 4/3 or 5/3, 16/9 or 16/10 proportions force you to zoom in to fill the screen the phone with the image from the eyepiece, which results in narrowing the field of view and the loss of the quality of the image.
With an 8 mpx camera, the 2.5x zoom is quite sufficient to fill the smartphone screen, and the quality of the image is still good.
If the phone still tries to focus (flashing yellow or green squares on the screen in the regions of the expected focus), use the optical dial to fine-tune the focus, as the depth of field in the image becomes unstable.
Biological microscope + smartphone connected with this adapter
Stereoscopic technical microscope + smartphone connected with this adapter
20x80 binoculars + smartphone connected with this adapter
For best results it's worth to take a break between the eyepiece and the smartphone lens, eg with a piece of black material, to eliminate lateral light.