The Sky-Watcher GT series of telescopes on the Dobson assembly are precision instruments made of high precision equipped with the GOTO SynScan integrated automatic guidance system. Thanks to the powerful aperture, telescopes of this type are perfect for visual observations of all objects of the starry sky, and thanks to the retractable tube construction, the telescope - despite the powerful mirror - can be stored in any passenger car and taken to our favorite observation place.
The telescope tube is transported as a whole - there is no need to unscrew the tube on the part. We transport the whole telescope in two parts - a folded (telescopic) telescope tube and Dobson box assembly. Such a telescope may only require a delicate collimation after the extension. The telescope's operation is facilitated by the patented by the Sky-Watcher pressure regulation in the height axis.
Telescopes with the GOTO system are equipped with the SynScan AZ driver, which makes it possible to set the telescope in any direction of the sky in an extremely simple way and automatically search for objects from the database embedded in the control remote control. The user-friendly menu allows you to quickly select one of the 42900 objects stored in the system's memory, and after selecting the guidance system will set the selected object in the field of view of the telescope. Thanks to the use of special encoders, it is possible to manually rotate the telescope without the need to reset the GOTO system. The telescope is a great combination of the advantages of large Dobson with the convenience of the GOTO telescope.
Observations of the telescope
A telescope with a diameter of the main mirror equal to 14 inches (i.e. over 35 cm) is one of the largest devices available to astronomy lovers, smaller only from 16 - inch telescopes.
The telescope so big allows for extremely advanced visual observations available to amateur observations. It is difficult to enumerate all the observation possibilities - let us list only the most important ones:
• craters on the moon, shadows on impact craters, unprecedented detail and plasticity
• Mercury and Venus phases, Venus belts with good atmospheric stability
• ice caps on Mars are perfectly visible (it is worth buying red, orange, yellow filters)
• Structure of Jupiter belts - both "tropical" and circumpolar, the Great Red Spot, four Jovian moons, the shadows of the moons on the surface of the Jupiter's shield
• Saturn ring with Cassini break and Encke break, belts, ring shadow on the planet's face
• Uranus and Neptune shields, certain structures in the atmosphere of these planets
• comets - ice solids that travel through our solar system - the telescope can serve as a powerful "comet finder"
• hundreds of double stars, multiple stars and variable stars, including observations about scientific values
• several thousand Deep Sky objects, including all from the Messier catalog, as well as the majority of NGC, IC and the Caldwell catalog; it is difficult to calculate, because it is not yet a Quantity On, but The quality of the obtained images - Bed ? so visible open clusters, such as a crib in Cancer, high or chi in the Perseus cluster of Ptolemy in Scorpio, globular cluster (M13 smashed to 1 / 2 diameters on single stars, or M53 in Berenice's Bark), gas and dust nebulae (perfectly visible structure of M42 in Orion, North America in Cygnus), galaxies (M31 in Andromeda with two satellite galaxies, i.e. M32 and M110) as well as Veil in Łabędza or the famous Ring (M57) in Lutnia and much, much more.
| • Optical system: || Newton's headlamp |
| • Diameter of the mirror: || 355 mm |
| • Focal length of the lens: || 1650 mm |
| • Lighted: || 1 / 4.5 |
| • Accuracy of the mirror's performance: || 1 / 8? |
| • Mirror glass type: || Pyrex |
| • Theoretical angular resolution: || 0.38 " |
| • Maximum useful magnification: || 700x |
| • Length of the extension tube: || about 150 cm |
| • Length of the composite tube (pushed together): || about 100 cm |
| • Outer tube diameter: || about 50 cm |
| • Tube weight: || 23.5 kg |
• power supply: 10 to 15V, 1A, 2.1mm plug (standard container for 8x R20)
• drive: DC servo motors
• resolution of the motor encoder: 1620000 counts per revolution
• axis encoder resolution: 11748 counts per revolution
• speeds: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 200x, 400x, 600x, 800x, 1000x
• tracking modes: star, lunar, solar
• tracking method: azimuth, in two axes
• setting modes: for the brightest star, for 2 stars
• database of objects: 25 defined by the user, Messier catalogs, NGC, IC, part of the SAO catalog, including 4,290 objects
• adjustment accuracy: up to 5 minutes
The set includes the following accessories:
• Crayford focuser 2 "with 1.25" reduction and T2 thread
• SP 25 mm and 10 mm SP glasses
• Dobson installation with the GOTO SynScan AZ system (40,000 objects in the base)
• 9x50 finder with a cross
(power cord for cigarette lighter socket and RS232 cable for control from a computer)
This device focuses a lot of light. Looking directly at the sun through this device can result in partial or complete loss of vision. For the observation of the Sun, we recommend the safest method of spectacle projection, that is, projecting the image of the target of our day star on a piece of paper.
READ : BEFORE BUYING TELESKOP - GUIDE FOR BUYERS
READ : A SHORT OPTICAL CLEANER GUIDE
READ : HOW TO GET A COMPACT WITH A TELESCOPIC
PLEASE READ : HOW TO GIVE A DIGITAL MULTIPLE TELESCOPE