Celestron C5 is a 5 "(127 mm) aperture in the Schmidt-Cassegrain system with f = 1250 mm f / 10.
Excellent optical characteristics have made NASA selected for many space missions. The weight and dimensions of C5 (less than three kilos of weight and just over 30 cm in length) guarantee that taking it to the bosom of nature will be as easy as observing from your home balcony. The small minimum distance of sharpening allows for interesting observations from the hiding of insects, birds and other animals. Celestron C5 is also an excellent instrument used in professional nature photography, easy connection of the camera (just the right T-adapter and T-2 ring) encourages amateur photographers to try to capture the unforgettable views of nature.
An additional advantage is the possibility of using a very wide range of accessories in the 1.25 "astronomical standard of any manufacturer.
Supplied with a soft portable bag.
• Diameter: 127 mm
• focal length: 1250 mm
• lighted: 1/10
• eyepiece included: Ploessl, 25 mm (magnified 50 times)
• finder included: 6x30, with a cross
• Angle connector: 45 ° (Amici)
• field of view: 1 °
• distance from the eye: 22 mm
• minimum sharpening distance: 6.1 m
• coatings: StarBright Multi-Coating
• length of the optical tube: 330.2 mm
• weight: 2722 g
• dimensions of the transport case (height x width x length): 21 x 29 x 39 cm
• mount to the tripod: dovetail Vixen + standard photo 1/4 inch