A simple and effective equatorial platform that allows users of popular Dobsonians to easily "motorize" their telescopes. Driven by a stepper motor, with a load capacity of up to 30 kg, it allows for "motorization" of telescopes with a diameter of 6 "(150 mm) to 10" (250 mm). All telescopes with a base diameter of up to 53 cm and a center of gravity height of up to 50 cm can be "placed" on it - which includes all popular Dobsonian telescopes with a diameter of 6 "to 10". The platform adds only about 11 cm to the height of the eyepiece above the ground. The device allows you to track the daily traffic for a period of about 1 hour, in the range of latitudes from 47 to 53 degrees. Due to the fact that the rotation takes place around the virtual polar axis, there is no field rotation phenomenon.
• load capacity: 30 kg
• object tracking time: at least 60 minutes
• maximum spacing of the telescope's legs: 530 mm
• maximum height of the telescope's center of gravity: 500 mm
• latitude range (LT50 model): 47-53deg; latitude N.
• power supply: 1 x 9V (6LR61, not included)
• working time on one battery: 30-40 hours
• transport dimensions: 62 x 53 x 12 cm
• height: approx. 11 cm
• weight: 5 kg
• in the set: Asterion Ecliptica Light 50 platform, stepper drive for the assembly of Sky-Watcher EQ1, three legs / supports for using the platform on a soft surface.
More photos on the manufacturer's website: http://asterion-ag.blogspot.com/p/ecliptica.html