The Orion U-mount fork mounted on the Paragon-Plus XHD tripod is a proposal for the most demanding users who value stability, ergonomics and the highest quality of workmanship.
The aluminum U-mount head allows the mounting of optical instruments weighing up to 11 kilograms. In practice, this means that it is compatible with even the largest astronomical binoculars, such as the Orion BT-100, and even with medium-sized telescopes. The head has the ability to rotate 360 ° and set the azimuth up to 90 °, and thanks to the appropriate location of the center of gravity, the whole set always remains perfectly balanced, without the need to use additional weights.
The set also includes the high-class Paragon-Plus XHD tripod. Its aluminum structure was designed in such a way as to combine perfect mobility with high stability. The stand is equipped with a standard 1/4 "- 20 mounting, thanks to which, after removing the head, it can be used as a classic photographic tripod.
• professional fork mount intended for mounting large binoculars, optical tubes and observation spotting scopes
• center of gravity location eliminating the need for counterweights
• solid structure made of black aluminum
• aluminum tripod with a wide adjustment range
• markers that make it easier to recreate your height settings
• type of mounting: fork azimuth mounting
• maximum load: 11.3 kg
• maximum diameter of the optical tube: 28.5 cm / 11.25 "
• optical tube mounting: dovetail socket (Vixen) / mounting adapter with 1/4 - 20 "photo thread
• bearing: plain bearings
• mounting material: aluminum
• assembly finish: black
• tripod mount: 1/4 - 20 thread (photo) / 3/8 "- 16 / 1/4" - 20 adapter
• type of tripod: tripod
• tripod material: aluminum
• tripod finish: black
• number of leg sections: three
• markers on tripod legs: yes
• minimum height: 88 cm
• maximum height: 168 cm
• extension length: 27 cm
• assembly weight: 5 kg
• weight of the assembly with a tripod: 8.6 kg
• Orion U-mount
• 3/8 "- 16 / 1/4" adapter - 20
• Orion Paragon-Puls XHD tripod
• operating manual