The Benchmade model 485 Valet is an interesting proposition for a small and elegant EDC knife made of premium materials. It is also a novelty in the Benchmade company's offer for 2015.
The blade made of exclusive M390 steel hardened to hardness (60-62 HRC) is characterized by a functional and elegant cut. The blade length is almost 75 mm and its thickness is 2.6 mm. Thanks to the double-sided attachment, we can conveniently open the blade at any time.
The handle is an ergonomic cladding profile made of G10 composite and reinforced with steel spacers. Notches on the handle provide a secure grip. The whole is complemented by a solid Axis-Lock type lock ensuring safe use of the knife. The translatable clip placed on the handle allows convenient carrying of the knife.
• type: folding knife with AXIS Lock, manually folded
• blade length: 75 mm
• blade thickness: 2.6 mm
• unfolded length: 170 mm
• closed length: 94.7 mm
• handle thickness: 11.4 mm
• blade edge: smooth
• blade finish / color: satin
• steel / blade material: M390 stainless steel (60-62 HRC)
• handle lining material: G10 composite
• application: everyday, EDC
• weight: 62 g
• producer: Benchmade, made in USA