GSO RC OTA Carbon is an optical tube dedicated to astrophotography. The real Ritchey-Chretien system with full coma and astigmatism correction, which is the most valued optical design among astronomical telescopes. This type of telescope uses two hyperbolic mirrors that completely eliminate coma and astigmatism, while the lack of correctors and lenses means no chromatic aberration.
The RC system was designed primarily for use in astrophotography. Its initiators and implementers of the first projects: American George Ritchey and French Henri Chrétien, created a perfect optical system, devoid of coma - the most common defect, occurring in practically all headlights. The use of hyperbolic mirrors eliminated this drawback, and as a mirror structure, the RCT system does not show chromatic aberrations typical for catadioptric systems.
The tube is made of carbon fiber for weight reduction and thermal effects.
• a very favorable combination of aperture, quality, weight and price - the optical system based on hyperbolic mirrors ensures the absence of chromatic aberration and coma while maintaining high resolution, relatively low weight and at a very low price
• the fastest optics cooling in its class - the open design of RC tubes cools down about 2 times faster compared to closed Maksutov and SCT tubes with the same aperture
• no problems with dew - dew usually settles on the meniscus of catadioptric tubes and refractor lenses; The RC tube does not have a meniscus, so dew condensation on the optics is an extremely rare event
• high contrast - the inside of the tube has a lot of baffles (diaphragms) and is matte blackened, which eliminates stray rays and the resulting glare
• optical system: Ritchey-Chretien
• mirror diameter: 200 mm
• focal length: 1600 mm
• lighted: f / 8
• weight of the extension pieces (in total, 3 pieces): 535 g
• optical tube length: 46.5 cm without extractor / 58 cm with extractor
• length of the optical tube with extensions: 68 cm / 73.5 cm with extended max. extract
• The outer diameter of the tube from the front: 23 cm
• tube made of carbon fibers
• net weight (without extensions): 7.2 kg
• 1 x Vixen dovetail, 1 x Losmanda rail
• Crayford 2 "/ 1.25" eyepiece extractor with a 10: 1 microfocuser, with an extension range of 5 cm, with a graduation
• lids on the front and back of the tube
• extensions for the extractor (2 x 2.5 cm optical length, 1 x 5 cm optical length, passage 77.5 mm)
• adapter for the finder on the tube: yes, SkyWatcher / Vixen standard