Meade Polaris is a series of well-made astronomical telescopes, designed for people looking for the first telescope - but without compromise with the quality of performance. Telescopes are characterized by very good optics, solid mechanics, careful finish and rich equipment as standard.
Polaris 80 EQ is a refractor with a lens diameter of 80 mm, mounted on a parallactic mount with micromovements and a steel tripod. It is recommended for urban lunar - planetary observations, although under the dark, rural sky will show many of the Deep Sky's objects. The telescope gives an uninverted terrestrial image - it allows observation of terrestrial objects.
• optical design: achromatic refractor
• Lens diameter: 80 mm
• focal length of the lens: 900 mm
• lighted up: f / 11.3
• optics: FC ( Fully Coated , optics fully covered)
• eyepiece: rack and pinion 1,25 "
• montage: parallactic with micromovements, steel stand
• finder: red dot
• glasses in the set: three, 1.25 "MA26 mm, 9 mm and 6.3 mm
• Barlow lens: included, 2x 1,25 "
• Angle connector: 90 ° 1,25 ", gives a terrestrial image
• the weight of a complex telescope: about 8.2 kg