Kowa 8,5 x 44 Genesis binoculars are binoculars made with ornithologists in mind. The device fits perfectly in the hand and is very stable, which allows for safe and comfortable holding of the binoculars during long observations.
The structure of the product is based on Schmidt-Pechan prisms in the roof system, made of BaK-4 glass and covered with phase coatings. One of the edges of the Schmidt-Pechan prism does not provide complete reflection and must therefore be covered with an additional reflective coating. Kowa applied a specially designed C3 coating here, which minimizes the light loss to only 1%. Additionally, the lenses feature low-dispersion XD glass, whose task is to eliminate chromatic and spherical aberration.
The binoculars are waterproof and nitrogen-filled, and the casing is made of magnesium alloys covered with high-quality rubber.
• Objective diameter: 44 mm
• magnification: 8.5 x
• exit diameter: 5.2 mm
• prism construction: roof prismatic
• Diopter adjustment: in the right eyepiece
• Diopter equalization: + - 3.5
• focusing system: center focus
• field of view: 7.0 ° / 122 m / 1000 m
• material of prisms: BaK-4 glass + SK-15 glass
• anti-reflective layers on prisms: phase, full, multilayer
• twilight efficiency: 19.3
• relative brightness: 27
• minimum observation distance: 1.7 m
• water resistance: yes
• dimensions: 165 mm x 64 mm x 138 mm
• weight: 940 g