Kowa 10x33 Genesis binoculars are binoculars made with ornithologists in mind. The device fits perfectly in the hand and is very stable, which allows for safe and comfortable holding of the binoculars during long observations.
The parameters of the Kowa Genesis binoculars make a big impression, but they make the image they give even more. Each of them is constructed in the Schmidt-Peschan roof system, in which the prisms are covered with a special C3 reflective surface that reflects 99% of the light in the range from 400 nm to 700 nm. In the 33 mm class constructions there are two low-dispersion Prominar XD elements in each lens. The lens is a 3-element apochromat (it contains two low-dispersion elements), behind it there is a single focusing lens, then there are prisms, and behind them a 4-element eyepiece.
The barrels of the binoculars from this series are made of magnesium alloys and padded with high-quality rubber. Instruments are waterproof and nitrogen-filled. The buyer gets objective caps (with rubber bands that allow them to be attached to the tubes of the binoculars), combined eyepiece caps, a strap, a cloth for cleaning optics and a stiff and stylish case.
• Objective diameter: 33 mm
• magnification: 10x
• exit diameter: 3.3 mm
• distance from the pupil: 15 mm
• prism construction: roof prismatic
• Diopter adjustment: right side
• Diopter equalization: +/- 3.5
• focusing system: center focus
• field of view: 6.8 ° / 119 m / 1000 m
• material of prisms: BaK-4 glass + SK-15 glass
• anti-reflective layers on prisms: phase, full, multi-layer (Kowa C³ Coatings)
• twilight efficiency: 18.2
• relative brightness: 10.9
• minimum observation distance: 1.5 m
• water resistance: yes
• dimensions: 133 mm x 103 mm x 51 mm
• weight: 590 g