Assembly Orion Atlas Pro AZ / EQ-G GoTo (class EQ6) is an innovative design - it can work both in the paralactic system and in the azimuthal system. At the same time, it is a solid assembly based on the well-known and proven design of the EQ6, modified and modernized.
Installation The AZ-EQ6 provides lifting capacity and stiffness known from the classic version of the EQ6, at the same time it is 25% lighter. The weight of EQ6 assemblies has always limited their mobility, which is definitely improved in this new design.
The head of this assembly weighs 15 kg, the tripod is 7.5 kg, and the total weight (without counterweights) for the parallactic position is 20 kg. The whole is controlled by GoTo SynScan system with a database of 42900 objects. This assembly has one extraordinary feature - in the azimuthal position, it is possible to connect two telescopes in a system similar to giro heads.
The assembly uses a double encoder system that allows you to rotate the head manually without having to set the GoTo system again. The mounting has saddles that allow mounting both dovetail rails in the Vixen standard, as well as Losmandy type rails.
• Possibility of working in equatorial and azimuthal systems
• correction of periodic error PPEC (Permanent Periodic Error Correction)
• belt transmission is used, it gives a very smooth performance, eliminates the clearances known from classic transmissions, the system works more quietly
• the ability to control the SLR from the cable release port on the head
• high precision engine controllers
• two saddles with double dovetail fasteners (Vixen and Losmandy)
• corrected power socket
• set the polar axis with a telescope or with the GoTo system
• double encoder system
• assembly type: azimuthal / parallactic
• microcapsules: electronic, controlled by the GoTo remote control
• counterweight: 2 x 5 kg
• motors: hybrid stepper motors, step 1.8 degrees
• accuracy of guidance: 0.14 arcsec (angular arc)
• RA gear: D = 92.5 mm, 180 teeth, brass
• Dec gearbox: D = 40 mm, steel
• autoguidera port: ST-4
• alignment modes: for 1, 2 or 3 stars (EQ), for 2 stars (AZ)
• GoTo system: SynScan
• range of latitude: 10 to 70 ° and 90 °
• azimuthal adjustment range: +/- 9 °
• height of the tripod: 127 cm
• tripod legs: steel, 2 "/ 50.8 mm
• weight of the tripod: 7.5 kg
• weight of the packed assembly: 21 kg + 15 kg
• external dimensions of the packaging: 117x28x2 1cm + 100x50x50 cm (two boxes)