Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro is a compact Newton telescope system mounted on a Dobson with a 114 mm mirror. It will show many details of the construction of the planets and will also allow us to explore the world of nebulae and galaxies. It is light and trouble-free in transport. Equipment for the whole family.
Dobson's installation is very easy to use. It allows you to quickly search for objects, because we rotate the telescope in natural axes for us, related to the Earth system - in the azimuth axis ("left - right") and in the altitude axis ("top - bottom").
As always in the case of Orion devices, the telescope is characterized by high-quality equipment, unmatched in competing telescopes - it has better glasses, a better finder and is the most thoroughly finished.
• optical system: Newton
• figure of the main mirror: rotating paraboloid
• Lens diameter: 114 mm
• focal length: 450 mm
• lighted: f / 4
• mirror material: boron-silicon glass with low temperature expansion
• reflective layer: aluminum hardened with silicon dioxide
• range of useful magnifications: 16x - 228x
• 1.25 "glasses: 17 mm (26x magnification), 6 mm (75x)
• eyepiece: 1.25 "rack-n-pinion
• finder: EZ Finder II (collimator)
• star range: 12.9 mag
• possibility of mounting on a tripod: yes, 1/4 and 3/8 inch
• assembly: Dobson
• assembly material: wood
• tube material: steel
• tube length: 45.7 cm
• weight: 5.9 kg (including tube: 1.8 kg, assembly: 4.1 kg)
• additionally included in the set: collimation pad, glasses shelf, integrated carrying handles