Telescope GSO RC 14 "f / 8 - truss tubular, carbon.
GSO RC OTA is an optical tube dedicated to astrophotography. A real Ritchey-Chretien system with full correction of coma and astigmatism, which is the most valued optical construction among astronomical telescopes. In this type of telescopes, two hyperbolic mirrors are used that completely eliminate coma and astigmatism, and the lack of correctors and lenses means no chromatic aberration.
The RC system has been designed primarily for use in astrophotography. Its originators and implementers of the first projects: American George Ritchey and Frenchman Henri Chrétien, created a perfect optical system, free of coma - the most common defect, occurring in practically all headlamps. The use of hyperbolic mirrors has eliminated this disadvantage, and as a mirror construction, the RCT system does not exhibit chromatic aberrations typical of catadioptric systems.
• very favorable combination of aperture, quality, weight and price - an optical system based on hyperbolic mirrors ensures no chromatic aberration and coma while maintaining high resolution, relatively low weight and at a very low price
• the fastest optics cooling in its class - the open design of RC tubes cools approximately 2 times faster compared to closed tubes Maksutov and SCT with the same aperture
• no problems with the dew - most often the sediment settles on the meniscus of catadioptric tubes and refractor lenses; RC tube does not have a meniscus, so condensation of dew on optics is an extremely rare event
• quartz master mirror - accuracy: not less than 1/12 ?, dielectric coatings giving a reflection of light of 99%, low temperature expansion
• optical system: Ritchey-Chretien
• Mirror diameter: 355 mm / 14 "
• focal length: 2854 mm
• lighted: f / 8
• material of optical elements: glass with a low coefficient of thermal expansion
• tubular weight: 30 kg
• dimensions / weight of the tube in the factory packaging: 150x120x80 cm, approx. 40 kg
• Outer diameter of the tube from the front: approx. 53.5 cm
• tube length: approx. 100 cm
• mounting for mounting: 2 Losmandy rails
• Extractor: 3 "M-LRN Monorail with microfocus, lifting capacity 5 kg