GSO RC OTA is an optical tube dedicated to astrophotography. A real Ritchey-Chretien system with full correction of coma and astigmatism, which is the most valued optical construction among astronomical telescopes. In this type of telescopes, two hyperbolic mirrors are used that completely eliminate coma and astigmatism, and the lack of correctors and lenses means no chromatic aberration.
The RC system has been designed primarily for use in astrophotography. Its originators and implementers of the first projects: American George Ritchey and Frenchman Henri Chrétien, created a perfect optical system, free of coma - the most common defect, occurring in practically all headlamps. The use of hyperbolic mirrors has eliminated this disadvantage, and as a mirror construction, the RCT system does not exhibit chromatic aberrations typical of catadioptric systems.
• very favorable combination of aperture, quality, weight and price - an optical system based on hyperbolic mirrors ensures no chromatic aberration and coma while maintaining high resolution, relatively low weight and at a very low price
• the fastest optics cooling in its class - the open design of RC tubes cools approximately 2 times faster compared to closed tubes Maksutov and SCT with the same aperture
• no problems with the dew - most often the sediment settles on the meniscus of catadioptric tubes and refractor lenses; RC tube does not have a meniscus, so condensation of dew on optics is an extremely rare event
• high contrast - the interior of the tube has a lot of baffles (diaphragm) and is dull blackened, which eliminates the blistering rays and the resulting glare
• quartz master mirror - accuracy: not less than 1/12 ?, dielectric coatings giving a reflection of light 99%
• Ritchey-Chretien optical system
• Diameter of the mirror: 250 mm
• focal length: 2000 mm
• lighted: f / 8
• the weight of the tube: 15.9 kg
• extension weight (combined): 780 g
• optical tube length: 62 cm without extractor / 73 cm with extractor
• length of optical tube with extensions: 72 cm / 77 cm with extended max. Gd cut ?
• range of the extract: 5 cm
• Outside diameter of the tube from the front: 29.5 cm
• 2 x dovetail in the Losmanda standard
• Crayford 3 "/ 2" / 1.25 "modular eyepiece extractor with 10: 1 microchip, with an extension of 5 cm, graduation
• lids on the front and back of the tube
• extensions to the extractor (2 x 2.5 cm optical length, 1 x 5 cm optical length, passage 77.5 mm)
• adapter for the tube finder: yes, SkyWatcher / Vixen standard
(exemplary setup - with NEQ6 SynScan assembly, available separately)