The Nikon PROSTAFF 5 82-A is an angular telescope with a diameter of 80 mm. Solid mechanics and water resistance in combination with the impeccable, very bright optics of the Japanese brand Nikon make this telescope an unparalleled companion for bird watching and wildlife during field trips.
The bodies of the PROSTAFF 5 observing telescopes are approximately 20% lighter than the earlier RA III models. Newly developed glasses minimize chromatic aberration at the edges of the field of view and offer a large offset of the exit pupil, providing excellent comfort during observation.
The offered product is a telescope body - there are 3 types of glasses, two fixed focal lengths and one with zoom.
• 20% lighter body compared to Nikon RA III
• minimized chromatic aberration at the edges of the field of view and a large offset of the exit pupil
• a very bright lens with a diameter of 82 mm
• all lenses and prisms of the body are covered with multilayer anti-reflective coatings
• waterproof (up to 1 m for 10 minutes) and anti-fog structure thanks to the use of O-rings (gaskets) and filling the body with nitrogen; SEP eyepieces for the Prostaff telescope are also waterproof
• for three eyepieces dedicated to the Prostaff telescope (SEP series), an FSB digiscoping adapter is available to connect the Nikon COOLPIX compact camera to the telescope.
• built-in, sliding sun visor
• ecological glass that does not contain lead and arsenic
• a stay-on case included
• two holes for fixing screws allow for stability on a tripod both during visual observations and digiscoping
• modern, stylish design
• with the telescope, both new dedicated SEP glasses and RA III telescopes work together
• optical construction: achromatic lens, angular telescope (Amici prism)
• Lens diameter: 82 mm
• minimum focusing distance: 6.1 m
• length: 392 mm
• height x width: 113 x 95 mm
• weight: 960 g
• MC coating on all surfaces, phase coverage of the prism
• nitrogen filling ensures water resistance up to 1 m under water for 10 minutes
• tripod mount: 1/4 inch, two holes for balancing the digiscoping telescope
• eyepiece fixing: bayonet
• slide-out sun visor: YES
• cooperation with RA III glasses: YES
(below: photos with an assumed eyepiece SEP 20-60, eyepiece available separately)