Esprit series refractors are optical equipment designed for the most demanding astrophotographers and lovers of visual observations, looking for uncompromising solutions. All Sky-Watcher Esprit models are characterized by an almost complete reduction of optical defects in the field of view as well as off-axis aberration such as distortion or chromatic aberration.
The heart of the Sky-Watcher Esprit 80 mm F / 5 refractor is an apochromatic triplet made of the highest quality Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass. Careful selection of materials for the lenses and their multi-layer anti-reflective coating guarantee a sharp image with perfect color reproduction. Additionally, a specially designed, internal system of partitions is responsible for obtaining a perfect contrast.
This instrument uses a dedicated flattener mounted with an M48 connector. It is compatible with a robust 2.7 "diameter hoist, capable of supporting a load of up to 5 kg without the risk of losing alignment, which means that it can be used to connect to even large professional SLRs of this refractor.
• APO ED triplet made of the highest quality FPL-53 ED and Schott BK-7 glass, covered with a multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• dedicated flattener with M48 fitting included in the set
• solid cut with 3 "diameter allows to mount even heavy SLRs without fear of loss of alignment
• fold-out urinal facilitating transport of the optical tube
• optical system: ED-APO apochromatic triplet
• Objective diameter: 80 mm
• focal length of the lens: 400 mm
• lighted: f / 5
• resolving power: 1.75 "
• star range: 12.5 mag
• maximum usable magnification: 160x
• lens material: FPL-53 Super ED glass (Ohara, Japan), Schott BK-7 glass (Schott, Germany)
• anti-reflective coating: full MHT multilayer coating
• circle diameter of full illumination: 33 mm (with flattener)
• back focus: 66 mm (with flattener)
• diameter of the eyepiece: 2.7 ", reduction to 2"
• type of eyepiece: Linear Power, microfocus 1:11
• maximum lifting capacity: 5 kg
• finder: angular, 9x50
• angle attachment: with dielectric mirror
• length: tubes: 450 mm
• tube diameter: 83 mm
• weight: 3.9 kg
• Sky-Watcher Esprit 80 mm F / 5 refractor
• dovetail rail of the Vixen type (width 45 mm)
• tube clamps
• dedicated flattener with M48 mount
• 9x50 angular finder
• 2 "angular attachment
• threaded reduction 2.7 / 2 "
• aluminum trunk
• T2 / M48 ring (Canon)