Antlia U-Venus 1.25 "is a highly specialized filter transmitting ultraviolet radiation, useful not only in professional astrophotography, but also in a number of other applications such as photographing plants and assessing the condition of crops, in medical imaging, as well as in forensic examinations.
The nominal use of this filter is to photograph details of the clouds in the atmosphere of Venus, which primarily reflect ultraviolet light that is cut by narrowband filters. The combination of high UV transmittance with high optical density (OD3 equivalent) in the visible and IR range is due to the use of a carefully selected glass substrate and advanced technology of applying interference dielectric coatings.
According to the manufacturer's recommendations, before using the Antlia U-Venus 1.25 "filter, remove the UV / IR-cut window that protects the camera matrix from dirt, because its presence will drastically weaken the stream of UV light reaching The sensitivity of CCD and CMOS sensors decreases with decreasing wavelength of UV radiation, which must be compensated by a longer exposure time.
Attention! The 1.25 "Antlia U-Venus filter is not suitable for visual observation and cannot be used as a solar filter.
• planetary filter made of high quality optical substrate transmitting ultraviolet radiation with a wavelength lower than 400 nm
• advanced interference dielectric coatings guaranteeing high transmission in the transmitted band
• OD3 equivalent optical density, effectively cutting out the visible and infrared light
• possibility of application in other fields of science and life research (plant health assessment, forensics, medical sciences, etc.)
• filter type: planetary filter
• filter diameter: 1.25 "
• filter thickness: 2 ± 0.05 mm
• filter shape: round
• transmitted bands: UV
• upper end of the transmission range: 400 nm
• averaged transmission:> 80%
• equivalent optical density for blocked lines: OD3 (200 - 1050 nm)
• surface quality index (acc. To MIL-O-13830 standard): 60/40
• parallelism: 30 "
• the execution accuracy (RMS): λ / 4
• frame: black, anodized
• thread: M28.5x0.6
• Antlia U-Venus filter 1.25 "