The Herschel Antlia wedge with a CaK filter 3 nm 1.25 "is a professional device for photographing the Sun using refractors with a maximum aperture of 120 mm and a maximum light of f / 5.5.
The Antlia CaK 3 nm 1.25" filter installed in wedge 1,25" nosepiece is a specialized bandpass filter that allows radiation to pass through ionized calcium atoms. With its help, it is possible to obtain the most detailed images of sunspots, surface granulation and many other structures. The filter was made by applying a multilayer coating on a double-polished substrate made of high temperature resistant optical glass, because the Ca-K line transmission (393 nm) is characterized by a half-width of ± Only 3 nm, the images obtained with the Antlia CaK 3 nm 1.25" filter are distinguished by excellent resolution and contrast. Very good optical efficiency in the transmission band goes hand in hand with the ability to almost completely block the remaining spectrum components (optical density at the level of OD3 and OD5).
The optics with the shutter regulating the amount of light entering the camera are closed in a casing made in CNC technology. An integral part of the set is also a ceramic heat dissipation module equipped with additional heat sinks and a solar disc finder.
Attention! The presented Herschel wedge can only be used for photographing the Sun. Using it for visual observations may result in permanent damage to the pattern.
• solar filter designed for shooting in the Ca-K spectral line, made on a double-polished substrate with increased resistance to high temperatures
• integrated ceramic heat dissipation system with additional heat sinks and a sun disc finder
• adjustable diaphragm allowing to limit the amount of light reaching the camera
• prism covered with a multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• design: Herschel wedge with 35 mm prism
• destiny: astrophotography
• compatible telescopes: refractors
• maximum permissible aperture of the telescope: 120 mm
• maximum allowable light of the telescope: f / 5.5
• camera mount: M42 (T2) thread / nose clip 1.25 "
• solar filter: CaK 3 nm 1.25 "
• energy dispenser: ceramic with a heat sink
• iris control: yes, manual
• filter and prism cover: multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• Sun dial finder: yes, integrated
• housing technology: CNC
• housing finish: black mat
• filter type: solar bandpass filter
• filter diameter: 1.25 "
• filter shape: round
• substrate: glass with increased temperature resistance
• transmitted bands: Ca-K (393 nm)
• location of the maximum permeability peak (CWL): 393 nm
• half bandwidth (FWHM): 3 nm
• equivalent optical density in the range of 200 - 1200 nm: OD5
• blocking efficiency in the range of 200 - 1200 nm: 99.999%
• equivalent optical density in the range of 1200 - 1500 nm: OD3
• blocking efficiency in the range of 1200 - 1500 nm: 99.9%
• frame: black, anodized
• Antlia CaK filter 3 nm 1.25 "
• the Herschel wedge
• filter and camera mount