The Star Adventurer 2i Astro Pack - now in the latest version with Wi-Fi - sets new standards in simple mobile wide-field astrophotography . It is a small and inconspicuous device, which in fact is a precise and advanced equatorial head with a number of very useful features.
A complete set of functions allows you to quickly and efficiently take high-quality photos of the night sky. In addition to many tracking speeds, the head has an autoguider port and allows you to trigger the camera shutter at any time intervals set by the advanced Firmware. With this head, you can create not only beautiful consumption of astronomy plurality of individual frames, but also the time lapse time-lapse sequence the movable t³em and now relatively highly fashionable and ± ± forms of photography Northern - star scape which plays a role ± g³ówn beautifully starry sky, closely followed by the Star Adventurer head.
The modern solution of the DC servo drive allows not only precise control of the tracking speed, but also is a compact and very economical solution - Star Adventurer can work even for several days left on one set the battery.
Field tests have shown that this mount is capable of making virtually error-free exposures of up to 5 minutes using a lens with a standard 50mm focal length. If an optional autoguider is used, lenses with focal lengths from 300 to 500 mm can be used without any problems.
The work with the head is facilitated by a very precise, illuminated polar scope, which cannot be achieved with much larger and more expensive parallactic assemblies. It takes into account the correction of the North Pole position due to precession, and hitting the pole is facilitated by legible descriptions and the annual scale.
The head has an L-adapter with a 1/4 inch tripod thread, mounted to the head with dovetail in the Vixen standard. It is possible to retrofit the Star Adventurer head with a high-quality ball head, which gives the photographer unlimited freedom in the selection of the photo composition. For ergonomic and functional reasons, the Star Adventurer has one movable right ascension axis, which can be moved quickly during operation by means of an adjustable mechanical clutch.
A long and eagerly awaited novelty is the option of controlling the head via Wi-Fi wireless network, through a free application that runs on Android mobile devices. The application is available for download in the Google Play store.
• maximum lifting capacity: 5 kg
• compatible with 1/4 "and 3/8" tripods
• Vixen standard saddle
• DC motor with encoder (DC servo)
• aluminum worm φ = 86 mm / 144 teeth
• 13 mm diameter brass snail
• 4xAA battery operation - very low power consumption
• external power supply through the microUSB port
• up to 72 hours of uninterrupted battery life
Tracking / tracking
• 7 tracking speeds: 0.5x, 2x, 6x, 12x, star, lunar and solar
• allows for manual traffic control in both directions
• the head is equipped with a mechanical clutch enabling quick position change
• built-in precision polar finder with illumination
• built-in autoguider with ST-4 port
• head weight: 1.2 kg
• Star Adventurer 2i astrophotographic head with integrated polar finder
• L-adapter arm for mounting a camera or a head
60 months (applies to mechanical parts; 24 months for electronics)