Kowa 8x22 Genesis binoculars are light and compact binoculars made for nature observation. The device is characterized by an exceptionally large field of view for its size, amounting to 7.5 °, high resistance to harsh weather conditions and water resistance. These features make the Kowa 8x22 Genesis Binoculars the perfect choice for every traveler.
The product structure is based on the Schmidt-Pechan prisms in the roof system, made of BaK-4 glass and covered with phase coatings. One of the edges of the Schmidt-Pechan prism does not provide complete reflection and therefore must be covered with an additional reflective coating. Kowa applied a specially designed C3 coating here, which minimizes the light loss to only 1%. Additionally, the lenses feature low-dispersion XD glass, whose task is to eliminate chromatic and spherical aberration.
The binoculars are waterproof and nitrogen-filled, and the casing is made of magnesium alloys covered with high-quality rubber.
• Objective diameter: 22 mm
• magnification: 8x
• exit diameter: 2.75 mm
• pupil distance: 15 mm
• prism construction: roof prismatic
• Diopter adjustment: right side
• Diopter equalization: +/- 3.5
• focusing system: center focus
• field of view: 7.5 ° / 131 m / 1000 m
• anti-reflective layers on prisms: phase, full, multi-layer (Kowa C³ Coatings)
• twilight efficiency: 13.3
• relative brightness: 7.6
• minimum observation distance: 1.5 m
• water resistance: yes
• prisms material: BaK-4 glass + SK-15 glass
• dimensions: 105 mm x 110 mm x 38 mm
• weight: 315 g