Orion Starblast 102 mm Travel AZ is a lightweight telescope mounted on a stable azimuth mount, intended mainly for beginners and intermediate users.
The optical system of this refractor with a focal length of 600 mm and an aperture of 102 mm is a doublet with an air gap with lenses made of low dispersion crown glass and flint. It has been entirely covered with multilayer anti-reflective coatings, thanks to which the image obtained is very clear and contrasting. The set with the optical tube also includes Plössl glasses equipped with a thread that allows the installation of filters with a diameter of 1.25 ", thanks to which you can easily improve the efficiency of this instrument in conditions of strong light pollution, by installing a filter that cuts off the spectral lines of sodium and mercury lamps.
The aluminum housing of the optical tube and the steel tripod ensure adequate stability and high mechanical strength, while maintaining low weight.
• achromatic refractor with 102 mm aperture and 600 mm focal length
• optical system covered with a full multilayer coating
• reflex sight / red dot finder facilitating the efficient search for interesting objects
• azimuth mount on a stable, steel tripod
• a wide range of accessories that allows you to start observing immediately after unpacking the telescope
• optical construction: achromatic refractor
• lens system: doublet with air gap
• lens material: crown / flint glass
• Front lens diameter (aperture): 102 mm
• focal length: 600 mm
• lighted: f / 5.9
• type of coating: full multilayer coating (FMC)
• possibility of installing filters: yes, 1.25 "
• resolution: 1.14 "
• star range: 12.7 mag
• maximum useful magnification: 200x
• diameter of the lift: 1.25 "
• type of hoist: rack & pinion
• finder: reflex sight / red dot
• tube material: aluminum
• tube length: 579 mm
• tube weight: 2.5 kg
• mounting type: azimuth (AZ)
• mounting material: steel
• mounting head mounting: tripod / field tripod
• assembly weight: 2.1 kg
• weight when folded: 4.8 kg
• Orion Starblast 102 mm Travel AZ telescope
• Plössl 1.25 ", 25 mm eyepiece
• Plössl 1.25 ", 10 mm eyepiece
• reflex sight finder
• 90 ° angled socket
• azimuth mount on a tripod
• shelf for accessories
• map of the moon
• transport bag