The Meade company, introducing the LX200 series telescopes, gave astronomy enthusiasts powerful tools that, both in the hands of professionals and intermediate users, will allow them to obtain images of a quality incomparable to other instruments. this class.
The optical system of this telescope is a modified Ritchey-Chretien system characterized by a flat and coma-free field of view. Meade designers, however, did not stop at adapting this classic solution and subjected it to far-reaching modifications, thanks to which they managed to eliminate the occurrence of diffraction lines (a defect characteristic of the RC system) and significantly reduce astigmatism . The LX200-ACF UHTC 10 "f / 10 model is also equipped with an enlarged main mirror made of borosilicate glass with reduced expansion. Thanks to this, the instrument makes much better use of the entire field of view, being at the same time less visually appealing. Susceptible to changes in thermal conditions.
All optical elements are additionally covered with anti-reflective UHTC ™ coating, which transmits over 20% more light than other multilayer coatings. Thanks to the use of this technology, the obtained images are very bright and high-contrast.
• Ritchey-Chretien / ACF optical tube characterized by negligible astigmatism and no diffraction stripes
• enlarged main mirror made of borosilicate glass with a reduced coefficient of expansion
• optical system covered with high transmittance coatings (UHTC ™)
• optical system: Ritchey-Chretien / Advanced Coma-Free
• mirror diameter: 10 "
• material of the optical system: borosilicate glass / Schott Borofloat
• focal length: 2500 mm
• lighted: f / 10
• maximum useful magnification: 500x
• star range: 14.5 mag
• resolution: 0.456 "
• anti-reflective coating: UHTC ™ high efficiency full coating
• type of eyepiece: single speed focuser
• main mirror lock: yes
• typical guidance accuracy with StarLock system: <1 "
• tripod mount: Losmanda rail
• tube weight: 11.8 kg
• Meade LX200-ACF UHTC 10 "f / 10 optical tube
• Losmanda rail