William Optics Fluorostar 156 APO is an optical instrument designed for astrophotography, offering unprecedented image quality and extremely low levels of chromatic aberration and distortion. Designers and engineers of William Optics, through the selection of the best materials and exemplary precision of workmanship, created a refractor that will be a reference point for the most expensive and sophisticated structures of this type for many years.
The optical system of this refractor is an apochromatic triplet whose lenses are made of FPL-53 glass and lanthanum glass. Produced by the Japanese company Ohara, the FPL-53 glass is now the gold standard in the use of the highest quality optical materials, which is mainly due to the very high value of the Abbe number of 94.49. The use of elements made of glass with the addition of lanthanum oxide allowed for a further reduction of chromatic aberrations, and additional coating of all lenses with a multi-layer anti-reflective coating guarantees a sharp image with high contrast.
Due to the large diameter of the illumination disc, this refractor is an ideal device for use with cameras and SLR cameras equipped with a full-frame sensor and an APS-C matrix.
Warning! Due to the necessity to compensate for the temperature influence, the refractors of the Fluorostar series are equipped with steel lens mounts. When preparing the telescope for storage, remove the lens hood and leave it for a while for the moisture inside to evaporate. Then place the instrument in a dry room at a constant room temperature to prevent possible corrosion centers on the lens mounts.
• apochromatic triplet made of lanthanum glass and FPL-53 covered with multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• fasteners made in CNC technology
• 3.7 "rack & pinion focusser working with 3" flattener
• William Optics patented Bahtinov mask design and mount
• full illumination ring guaranteeing complete coverage of the full-frame matrix
• mounting here with a Losmandy rail 300 mm, with a distance on the edges which facilitates repeated, repeatable assembly with proper balance
• triple tube clamps guarantee both comfort and safety
• the guider foot on the tube clamps is also a handle for carrying the tube
• optical system: ED-APO apochromatic triplet
• Objective diameter: 156 mm
• focal length: 1228 mm
• lighted: f / 7.8
• resolving power: 0.88 "
• star range: 12.8 mag
• maximum useful magnification: 312x
• lens material: FPL-53 glass (Ohara, Japan), lanthanum glass
• anti-reflective coating: full multi-layer coating
• Full illumination circle diameter: full coverage of a full frame
• Compatible sensor sizes: APS-C, full frame
• compatible photographic systems (via interchangeable T-rings): Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E, Pentax, Micro 4/3, Fuji FX
• fokuser: fi = 3.7 "
• type of eyepiece extractor: rack & pinion
• recommended flatteners: WO Flat 68III 3 ", Flat 7A x0.8 3", Flat 8 x0.72 3 "
• finder foot: Vixen
• mounting for mounting: Losmandy standard rail
• tube length (folded): 1120 mm
• tube length (extended): 1330 mm
• tube weight: 17 kg
• William Optics Fluorostar 156 APO refractor with R&P extract
• the pupa
• Bahtinov mask with fastening
• mounting bracket
(below: exemplary travel set - WO 156 APO Fluorostar with WO Flat 68III 3 "flattener, on Sky-Watcher EQ6-R mount, with camera with ZWO ASI 2400 MC, ZWO OAG with ZWO ASI 174 MM; accessories are not included in the set, but can be purchased in our store :)