The ZWO EFW 8x1.25 "filter wheel is a unique design that allows the installation of eight 1.25" or 31 mm filters. In practice, this allows for the installation of a set of LRGB filters on the carousel, as well as the Hα, S-II and O-III filters, which are included in the HST palette, all the time keeping one free slot.
The filter wheel is controlled by the software compatible with the ASCOM controller. The wheel can be connected with a USB 2.0 cable to the computer, as well as to the USB outputs located in the camera. The housing is finished in black and is made in CNC technology from the highest quality aluminum alloy used in the aviation industry. It contains a filter wheel drive, the heart of which is a stepper motor from the renowned Japanese company NPM.
This product is characterized by a small distance between the filter and the camera matrix, thanks to which it is possible to avoid vignetting even with high-intensity telescopes (in practice, for the ASI 1600 camera, vignetting does not occur at f / 5 for 1.25 "filters and at f / 2 for filters with a diameter of 31 mm).
Before buying a filter wheel, check the required back focus of the camera to work with.
• drive based on a reliable stepper motor produced by the Japanese company NPM
• power and control via a single USB 2.0 cable
• the distance between the filter and the matrix is only 10 mm for the ASI 1600 camera, minimizing vignetting even for telescopes with high light intensity
• the finish of the filter wheel carousel prevents the formation of internal light reflections
• number of filter slots: 8
• Filter diameter: 1.25 ", 31 mm
• mount to the telescope: T2, M42 x 0.75
• camera mount: T2, M42 x 0.75
• drive: stepper motor (NPM, Japan)
• direction of rotation: clockwise or counterclockwise
• power supply: 120 mA, 5 V
• power cable: USB 2.0
• control: software compatible with ASCOM driver, SDK package
• compatible operating systems: Windows XP 32bit / 64bit, Windows 7 32bit / 64bit, Windows 8 32bit / 64bit, Windows 10 32bit / 64bit
• body material: aluminum
• thickness of the filter wheel housing: 20 mm
• weight: 400 g
• ZWO EFW 8 x 1.25 "/ 31.7 mm filter wheel
• 1.25 "end cap
• T2 nose piece
• 1.25 "mount
• T2 / T2 adapter (male)
• filter masks
• USB 2.0 cable (2 m)
• M2 screws