. Celestron Astro Fi 102 mm is a robust and easy to use telescope for computerized assembly. The heart of this telescope is the optical tube ? = 102 mm in the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system.
This system is one of the most valued optical constructions, widely appreciated for its mobility, ease of use and multi-functionality. It is an excellent choice of both astronomical observations, as well as earth observations and aircraft observations. Excellent optics provide an extremely sharp image throughout the field of view. The telescope consists of the meniscus correction board, the main mirror and the secondary mirror placed on the inner part of the meniscus. These telescopes have a reduced coma and show only a substantial chromatic aberration, giving very sharp and expressive images.
A great advantage of the Maksutov telescopes is the compact and compact design and light weight. Due to their large focal length and low light, they are perfectly suitable for planetary observations. This type of construction works well in urban environments, where the main emphasis is on solar system objects, not on nebulae.
A distinctive feature of the Astro Fi series telescopes is the ability to remotely set the desired object using a free smartphone or tablet application. The telescope assembly is connected wirelessly via your own WIFI network with a mobile device with Celestron SkyPortal installed.
This application does not require practically any preliminary knowledge and provides all important information about the observed star, planet or nebular object. It can also be used in many other ways, e.g. as a compass for orientation at the observation site.
• Lens diameter: 102 mm
• focal length: 1325 mm
• lighted: f / 13
• resolution: 1.37 seconds
• the maximum usable magnification: 241 times
• minimal useful magnification: 15 times
• Tracking speed: star, solar, moonlight
• physical length with a diffuser: approx. 29 cm
• type of optical system: Maksutow-Cassegrain
• optical layers: FC ( fully coated - optics fully covered)
• finder: StarPointer (collimator)
• star range: 12.5 magnitudes
• material: aluminum
• maximum leg length: 112 cm
• minimum leg length: 67 cm
• distance between legs maximum: 97 cm
• distance between legs minimum: 60 cm
• the actual minimum height: 71 cm
• the actual maximum height: 109 cm
• mounting system: one-armed azimuthal
• 25 mm Kellner (1.25 ") magnification 53 times
• 10 mm Kellner (1.25 ") magnification 132 times
• rotation speed: up to 3 ° per second
• application name: Celestron SkyPortal
• the application works on operating systems: Android 4.0 and higher, iOS 8.0 and higher
Net weight / gross: 7 kg / 11 kg