• when observing under an urban or suburban sky, the Orion SkyGlow filter can significantly improve the quality of images
• the filter improves the quality of images of nebular objects under moderately polluted skies
• blocks the waves responsible for lighting the atmosphere and emission lines of city lamps
• improves contrast
• improves the quality of images of nebulae, galaxies, open clusters and globular clusters
• filter in a metal frame, suitable for every eyepiece in the 1.25 "standard with filter thread
Orion SkyGlow Broadband Telescope Filter is a multi-layered "interference" filter blocking the wavelengths most commonly occurring in a phenomenon called light-pollution or light pollution , while simultaneously passing the desired lengths almost unchanged, in this way, significantly improving the contrast between the object and the sky in the background.
The filter blocks the light of mercury vapor very well while maintaining critically important emission lines typical for nebulae - h-? and h-? - the background seems much darker, the contrast increases very much. A line of double ionized oxygen is also passed - typically emitted by nebulae. The view of galaxies and clusters is also improved, albeit to a lesser extent.
Connection of ALL astronomical filters with the exception of solar film filters (which are filters for the lens) is accomplished by screwing the filter into the frame of the eyepiece from the opposite side than applying the eye (ie from the side that we put in the eyepiece extractor) . The filters can be additionally connected with each other, because they have threads on both sides of the luminaire.