Nikon 12x50 Prostaff 5 is an excellent natural binoculars with a very successful mechanical construction and classic optical parameters. Recommended for bird and nature observation. Increased magnification of 12x is a large perceptibility of details over a long distance, but it is a pair of binoculars, which can still be observed "from a free hand".
Prostaff 5 is a series of universal roof prism binoculars with parameters 8 × 42, 10 × 42, 10 × 50 and 12 × 50. These models have been developed for the lovers of nature and active recreation. They are characterized by low weight, watertightness and resistance to shocks.
• compact, roof-prism design, rubber body
• full water resistance: the binoculars are waterproof and fog-protected, filled with nitrogen
• construction made of modern, light materials: lightweight body made of polycarbonate resin reinforced with fiberglass
• sharpening range from 5 meters
• lenses and prisms coated with multilayer anti-oil coatings, organic glass optics without lead and arsenic
• multistage adjustable, rotating and sliding eyecups ("click-stop")
• binoculars very comfortable for people wearing glasses
• solid construction confirmed by a 10-year manufacturer's guarantee
• in a set with a cover and covers for lenses and glasses
| • Lens diameter: || 50 mm |
| • Zoom: || 12x |
| • Exit pupil: || 4.2 mm |
| • Eye relief : || 15.5 mm |
| • Minimum distance of observation: || 5 m |
| • Construction of prisms: || dachopryzmatyczna |
| • Material of defective elements: || optical glass BaK-4 |
| • Field of view: || 4.7 ° |
| • Linear field of view at 1000 m: || 82 m |
| • Twilight efficiency: || 24.5 |
| • Layers: || MC |
| • Focus adjustment || central + tuning in the right eyepiece |
| • Spacing of glasses: || 56 - 72 mm |
| • Water resistance: || yes (o-rings and nitrogen filling) |
| • Possibility of mounting on a tripod: || no |
| • Dimensions: || 183 x 140 x 65 mm |
| • Weight: || 790 g |
Nikon Prostaff 5 binoculars are characterized by high resistance in the toughest conditions. Watertight and anti-fogged body is made of glass fiber reinforced polycarbonates. Thanks to this, it stands out due to its high rigidity while maintaining a small mass. Covering the housing with rubber additionally protects the device against shocks, while ensuring a better grip during observation.
The advanced optical system allows you to see even the smallest details, revealing to the user the beauty of wildlife. Multilayer anti-reflective coatings provide a clear, natural image. All lenses and prisms are made of ecological glass, which does not contain lead or arsenic.
The high comfort of observation is ensured by rotatable-sliding eyecups, equipped with a position lock. This solution makes it easier to set the binoculars correctly in relation to the eyes, and the large offset of the pupil allows you to look at the entire field of view, including those wearing glasses.
This device focuses a lot of light. Looking directly at the sun through this device can result in partial or complete loss of vision.