SynScan EQ5 GoTo upgrade kit is a complete kit that allows you to convert the traditional SkyWatcher EQ5 equatorial mount to the Pro version, which will be perfect for both visual observations and when running an astrophotographic set.
The drive of the declination and right ascension axis is realized by stepper motors with 1:32 microstepping. The torque is transmitted to the axles via heavy-duty gears. Thanks to the inclusion of all the necessary accessories to the set, their installation is hassle-free and very intuitive.
The work of the whole set is controlled by the SynScan controller, the software of which is responsible, among other things, for controlling the periodic error and reducing the backlash effect. Most importantly, the device's database contains information on the location of over 42,000 planets, stars, galaxies and other objects from the Messier, NGC, and IC catalogs.
Attention! The set includes only a power adapter with a cigarette lighter plug. The appropriate AC adapter has to be purchased separately.
• precise drive of the declination and right ascension axis through stepper motors and toothed gears
• SynScan controller with a programmed database containing information on over 42 thousand astronomical objects
• periodic error control and compensation of drive backlash ( backlash effect)
• faster and more accurate searching of interesting objects thanks to the PAE ( Pointing Accuracy Enhancement ) technology
• compatible mounting: SkyWatcher EQ5
• drive: stepper motors, 1.8 ° / step (200 steps / revolution)
• motor microsteps: 1:32
• power transmission: gear wheels
• travel speed: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x (3.4 ° / second)
• tracking speeds: star, lunar, solar
• guiding speeds: 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x
• correction of a periodic error: yes
• guidance accuracy: <1 "
• autoguider connector: ST-4 port
• set alignment: for two stars, for a single bright star
• database: Messier catalog, NGC, IC (over 42 thousand objects)
• possibility to connect to a computer: yes
• compliance with the ASCOM standard: yes
• power supply: 11 - 15 V, 2 A
• maximum load: 9 kg
• SynScan controller
• declination and right ascension axis motors
• cog gears
• drive housing with control connectors
• engine controller
• Allen key
• 12 V power cable from the cigarette lighter socket
• clip for attaching the controller
>> FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS <<
Question : Does the system also track automatically, or is it just tracking?
Answer: Guides and tracks, tracks and guides. You don't need to use GOTO (search, guidance), you can just use tracing. When we use GOTO, after finding an object, the system immediately follows the object, keeping it in the field of view for the next minutes and hours.
Question : Is the set includes everything I need?
Answer: The set does not include the power supply. You should also buy an RS-232 cable