The QHY 5 VC camera is a 752x480 CMOS color camera, characterized by high sensitivity and low noise. The relatively large dimensions of a single pixel (6 ?m x 6 ?m) allowed to obtain high quantum efficiency.
The important element of the matrix system is the electronic shutter covering the entire matrix at one time, not typical for most CMOS matrix rolling shutter , where the pixels are illuminated at different times. Due to this and the high speed of the camera (up to 55 FPS), problems of distortion and shifting of image elements on a single frame, related to atmospheric turbulences, i.e. in poor viewing conditions, have been eliminated .
The camera is recommended for astrophotography of Solar System objects (Sun, Moon and planets). It works very well in guidings.
• matrix: CMOS, Micron MT9V032, 1/3-inch diameter, color, progressive scan
• resolution: 752 x 480 pixels
• single pixel size: 6.0 ?m x 6.0 ?m
• transmission speed (USB 2.0): 24 MPix / s
• no compression of the video stream
• built-in ST-4 guid- ing port
• snapshot of the entire matrix (TrueSnap Technology)
• dimensions: diameter 64 mm, length 26.5 - 32 mm
• has a 1.25 "filter thread (ie M28,5x0,5)
• works with software for guidings
- PHD Guide
• telescope attachment: T2 thread (M42x0.75)
• standard cable for signal transmission to the computer: USB 2.0
• standard port / cable for autoguidation: RJ-12
Drivers and software updates are available for download for free from the manufacturer's website: http://www.qhyccd.com/download.html . RJ-12 and USB cables are not part of the camera equipment.
Driver (driver) for XP / Vista / Win7 (32/64):
A program for controlling and capturing an image: