Binoculars Orion Resolux 15x70 is a very astronomical binoculars - one of the best proposals on the market.
• binoculars with typically astronomical parameters, 15x magnification, excellent resolution and good flatness
• field of view 4.4 °
• very solid mechanical construction
• fully waterproof and nitrogen-filled - protects against penetration of water and moisture inside the binoculars
• high-quality BAK-4 prisms and advanced optical layers on all optical surfaces ensure maximum light transmission for bright images with high contrast
• Orion Resolux can still be used from the hand during shorter observing sessions
• the binoculars can be attached with a photographic tripod - adapter connecting the binoculars with a tripod included
It is worth to understand that the binoculars are not a telescope, there is no ambition to compete with the telescope in terms of large magnifications. Binoculars and telescopes work in slightly different areas, on other objects - and even when looking at the same object, look at it differently. The aim of buying binoculars is - in our opinion - to take advantage of the great qualities of this optical construction: wide field of view, surface brightness, two-sided look, and plasticity of the image. For these reasons, it's worth to love binoculars with small or at least moderate magnifications. Orion Resolux 15x70 has a moderate magnification. If we have a sky that is significantly polluted with light, suburban or even urban, or we just want a larger magnification than the 10.5x70 model offers - then 15x70 is the right choice. One look at the Milky Way under a dark sky will prove that the binoculars are an observation tool close to the ideal.
Orion Resolux 15x70 is a great night-vision binoculars, but also beautiful day observation equipment for further distances. Large Porro prisms made of BAK-4 glass and optical anti-reflective layers on all surfaces, with large lenses, make the binoculars suck in the light, as the producer writes - and he is right.
From the mechanical side, the binoculars are fully metal casing, covered with a thick rubber for a secure and comfortable grip. Individual tuning of each of the glasses is a solution with higher durability than central tuning. The 18 mm slide of the pupil ensures the availability of binoculars' observations of the entire field of vision for people with the necessity of wearing corrective eyeglasses, and at the same time reduces the potential pairing of the outer surfaces of binoculars. Eyecups can be removed as needed.
The binoculars come with lens caps, a sturdy stand adapter and a neck strap, packed in a hard case with foam filling.
• magnification: 15x
• Lens diameter: 70 mm
• field of view: 4.4 ° / 77 m / 1000 m
• apparent field of view: 66 °
• offset of the exit joint: 18 mm
• Excavation: 4.7 mm
• minimum observation distance: 23 m
• layers: FMC (optics fully covered)
• prisms: BAK-4, porro
• the distance between the eye and the eye: 56 - 74 mm
• focusing system / Dioptre: individually in each eyepiece
• water resistance: yes
• possibility of installation on a tripod: yes
• height: 27.9 cm
• weight: 2500 g
2 years for factory and material defects
This device focuses a lot of light. Looking directly at the sun through this device can result in partial or complete loss of vision.