Sky-Watcher Evostar 150/1200 is a powerful optical tube intended mainly for use in astrophotography, although it can be successfully used during visual observations of the night sky and terrestrial ones, using a prismatic angle cap.
The heart of this product is the optical system made of the best glasses available on the market, covered with anti-reflective MHC coatings, characterized by excellent light transmittance of ± 99.5%. Thanks to the large aperture of 150 mm, this instrument collects huge amounts of light, which allows to shorten the exposure time of individual frames.
In order to minimize internal light reflections, the optical tube has an extensive system of blobs, ie internal diaphragms or a rebate, as you prefer to call it. Such a solution, combined with anti-reflective coatings, provides a very sharp image with perfect contrast.
• APO ED doublet made of the highest quality glasses covered with a multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• a solid 2 "Crayford extractor allows the assembly of even heavy SLRs and cameras without fear of loss of alignment
• dovetail (Vixen) mount for equatorial mounts with a minimum load capacity of 15 kg *
(* - the recommended mounting capacity of at least 14-15 kg due to the large length of the tube, in combination with the weight of 10 kg generates small moments of force; after all, it is important to remember that not only mass, but also its distribution - otherwise the SCT tube burdened by a long Newton or a long refractor)
• optical system: refractor, ED-APO apochromatic doublet
• Objective diameter: 150 mm
• focal length of the lens: 1200 mm
• lighted: f / 8
• resolving power: 0.93 "
• stellar range: 13.3 mag
• maximum useful magnification: 300x
• material of the optical system: optical glass, glass with low dispersion
• anti-reflective coating: full multi-layer MHC coating
• diameter of the eyepiece: 2 ", reduction to 1.25"
• type of eyepiece: Crayford, microfocus 1:11
• tripod mount: dovetail (Vixen)
• finder mount: Vixen
• tube length: 1250 mm
• tube diameter: 155 mm
• tube weight: 10 kg
• recommended assembly: EQ5 or stronger (min. 15 kg load capacity)
• Sky-Watcher Evostar 150/1200 refractor
• mounting clamps