Esprit series refractors are optical equipment designed for the most demanding astrophotographers and lovers of visual observations, looking for uncompromising solutions. All Sky-Watcher Esprit models are characterized by an almost complete reduction of optical defects in the field of view as well as off-axis aberration such as distortion or chromatic aberration.
The heart of the Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 mm F / 5 refractor is an apochromatic triplet made of the highest quality Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass. Careful selection of materials for the lenses and their multi-layer anti-reflective coating guarantee a sharp image with perfect color reproduction. Additionally, a specially designed, internal system of partitions is responsible for obtaining a perfect contrast.
This instrument uses a dedicated flattener mounted with an M48 connector. It is compatible with a robust 2.7 "diameter hoist, capable of supporting a load of up to 5 kg without the risk of losing alignment, which means that it can be used to connect to even large professional SLRs of this refractor.
Due to the large diameter of the illumination circle of 40 mm, this refractor is the ideal device for use with cameras and SLR cameras equipped with a full-frame sensor.
• APO ED triplet made of the highest quality FPL-53 ED and Schott BK-7 glass, covered with a multi-layer anti-reflective coating
• dedicated flattener with M48 fitting included in the set
• solid cut with 3 "diameter allows to mount even heavy SLRs without fear of loss of alignment
• fold-out urinal facilitating transport of the optical tube
• optical system: ED-APO apochromatic triplet
• Objective diameter: 100 mm
• focal length of the lens: 550 mm
• lighted: f / 5.5
• resolving power: 1.40 "
• star range: 12.5 mag
• maximum usable magnification: 150x
• lens material: FPL-53 Super ED glass (Ohara, Japan), Schott BK-7 glass (Schott, Germany)
• anti-reflective coating: full MHT multilayer coating
• circle diameter of full illumination: 40 mm (with a flattener)
• back focus: 68.8 mm (with flattener)
• diameter of the eyepiece: 2.7 ", reduction to 2" and 1.25 "
• type of eyepiece: Linear Power, microfocus 1:11
• maximum lifting capacity: 5 kg
• finder: angular, 9x50
• angle attachment: with dielectric mirror
• length: tubes: 465 - 622 mm (depending on the position of the urinal)
• tube diameter: 105 mm
• weight: 6.3 kg
• Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 mm F / 5 refractor
• Losmandy type rail (width 75 mm)
• tube clamps
• dedicated flattener with M48 mount
• 9x50 angular finder
• 2 "angular attachment
• reduction 2 / 1.25 "
• threaded reduction 2.7 / 2 "
• aluminum trunk
• T2 / M48 ring (Canon)