William Optics Fluorostar 120 F / 6,5 APO is a new tube in the Taiwanese manufacturer's offer (premiere: fall 2021), belonging to the recognized, highest product series of this brand.
The optical system of this refractor is an apochromatic triplet with an air gap, the lenses of which are made with the use of FPL-53 glass elements. This material, often referred to as synthetic fluorspar, is produced by the Japanese company Ohara and is now the gold standard when it comes to the production of the most advanced and the most advanced optics. This is mainly due to the very high Abbe number of 94.49, almost identical to the extremely difficult-to-process crystalline fluorspar. Additional coverage of all lenses with a multi-layer anti-reflective STM coating guarantees a sharp image with high contrast.
Thanks to the large diameter of the illumination disc, this refractor is an ideal device for use with cameras and SLR cameras equipped with a full-frame sensor, as well as - obviously - large matrices, although smaller than full frame - like, for example, the popular APS-C format.
Attention! Due to the necessity to compensate the temperature influence, the refractors of the Fluorostar series are equipped with steel lens mounts. When preparing the telescope for storage, remove the lens hood and leave it for a while for the moisture inside to evaporate. Then place the instrument in a dry room at a constant room temperature to prevent possible corrosion centers on the lens mounts.
• apochromatic triplet made of FPL-53 glass element, covered with a multi-layer anti-reflective STM coating
• exemplary reduction of chromatic aberration
• fasteners made in CNC technology
• rack & pinion focuser with a diameter of 3.3 "
• William Optics patented Bahtin mask design with handle
• full illumination circle guaranteeing complete coverage of the full-frame matrix
• optical system: ED-APO apochromatic triplet with air gap
• Objective diameter: 120 mm
• focal length: 780 mm
• lighted: f / 6.5
• lens material: FPL-53 glass (Ohara, Japan)
• anti-reflective coating: full STM multilayer coating
• circle diameter of full illumination:> full frame size
• Compatible sensor sizes: APS-C, full frame
• compatible photographic systems (via interchangeable T-rings): Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E, Pentax, Micro 4/3, Fuji FX
• fokuser: 3.3 "
• recommended flatteners: FLAT 7A and FLAT68III
• type of eyepiece extractor: rack & pinion
• finder foot: Vixen
• mounting for mounting: Losmandy Dovetail
• tube length (folded): 680 mm
• tube length (extended): 850 mm
• tube weight: 7.2 kg
• tube finish: white and red
• William Optics Fluorostar 120 F / 6.5 APO refractor (white-red)
• the pupa
• Bahtinov's mask with its mount
• a lens cap
• Losmanda rail
• fastening clamps