The Orion AstroView 90 mm EQ is a refractor mounted on a professional EQ-2 class equatorial mount. Excellent optics and exemplary quality of the mechanical elements guarantee that this instrument will meet the requirements of even the most experienced observers.
The construction of the optical system is a classic doublet with an air gap with an aperture of 90 mm and a focal length of 910 mm. The manufacturer used the Crown and Flint glass to make the lenses, which, combined with a full multi-layer coating, makes the image always extremely sharp and contrasting. The set with the optical tube includes a set of accessories necessary to start admiring the views of distant celestial bodies, so two Orion Sirius Plössl glasses with 26x and 56x magnification, a 6x30 scope that functions as a finder and the Mirror Star angle cap with magnesium fluoride coated mirror.
The optical tube with the equatorial assembly is mounted on a solid tripod made of aluminum, thanks to which the whole structure is also very rigid, and when folded it is easy to transport.
• a doublet with an air gap made of Crown / Flint glass covered with a full multilayer coating, ideal for observing deep sky objects, planets and the Moon
• easy-to-use equatorial mount EQ-2 with the possibility of installing an electric drive
• complete equipment allowing you to immediately start exploring the night sky
• telescope type: refractor
• optical system: doublet with air gap
• material of the optical system: Crown / Flint glass
• optical system coating: full multilayer coating (FMC)
• aperture: 90 mm
• focal length: 910 mm
• lighted: f / 10.1
• resolving power: 1.29 "
• minimum useful magnification: 13x
• maximum usable magnification: 180x
• star range: 12.5
• type of glasses included in the set: Plössl, 1.25 "
• focal length of the glasses in the set: 25 mm, 10 mm
• magnification of glasses included: 36x, 91x
• extract: rack & pinion, 1.25 "
• finder finder: 6x30
• finder type: scope
• angle attachment: Mirror Star 90 °, 1.25 "
• mirror coating of the angle cap: magnesium fluoride
• polar finder: no
• telescope tube material: aluminum
• mounting type: equatorial (EQ-2)
• drive: clock drive not included
• possibility to control via computer: no
• latitude range: 16 - 72 °
• number of counterweights: 1
• counterweight weight: 2.2 kg
• length of counterbalance arm: 203 mm
• Counterweight arm diameter: 12 mm
• bearings: plain
• mounting material: aluminum
• mounting height: 89 - 141 cm
• tube length: 902 mm
• tube weight: 2.3 kg
• weight of the set: 10.8 kg
• Orion AstroView 90 mm EQ telescope (refractor)
• Orion Sirius Plössl 25 mm (1.25 ") eyepiece
• Orion Sirius Plössl 10mm (1.25 ") eyepiece
• Mirror Star angular attachment
• tripod with mounting screws
• EQ-2 equatorial mount
• 6x30 finder
• finder mount
• optical tube mounting brackets
• counterweight arm
• shelf for accessories
• micromovement adjustment knobs
• optical tube plugs
• tools necessary to assemble the assembly
• Starry Night Special Edition software