The Askar ACL200 G2 is the latest version of a professional lens designed for use in astrophotography with cameras and cameras equipped with a full frame matrix. The optics of the second generation of this product are identical to those of its predecessor, but in response to user suggestions, this model has been equipped with a modified mount with an integrated Vixen foot allowing the installation of a guider or an ASIAIR computer.
The optical system of this lens consists of six elements arranged in three groups. In order to eliminate chromatic aberration, two lenses were made of low dispersion (ED) glass. Compared to standard lenses, the Askar ACL200 stands out not only with its excellent image quality in the center and on the edge of the frame, but also with a very good field correction.
Meeting the needs of users, the manufacturer has equipped this model with a double manual focus adjustment, including a pre-adjustment and fine adjustment knob.
The quality of workmanship goes hand in hand with very good optical properties. Both the body and the sunshade are made of metal. Thanks to this, the construction of this lens is not only solid, but also allows it to be firmly and stably mounted to a tripod with the help of the attached stand.
• apochromatic astrophotographic lens with excellent field correction and negligible vignetting
• two ED glass lenses to reduce the formation of chromatic aberrations
• additional knob for precise focusing
• universal fastening with a thread M48x0.75
• built-in adapter for mounting 2 "filters
• integrated Vixen foot for mounting a guider or ASIAIR computer - a novelty in the G2 version (first generation lens owners can modify it with the dedicated ACL200 upgrade kit)
• solid metal construction
• optical design: apochromatic fixed focal length lens
• lens system: six lenses in three groups
• number of ED glass lenses: 2
• focal length: 200 mm
• front lens diameter: 50 mm
• Diameter of the front filter: 82 mm
• additional filter attachment: yes, 2 "filter fitted in the adapter
• lighted: f / 4
• maximum aperture value: f / 22
• number of aperture blades: 10
• focusing: manual, separate knobs for coarse and fine sharpening
• minimum sharpening distance: 3 m
• range of fine adjustment of focus: 1 mm per full turn
• back focus: 55 mm
• recommended matrix format: full frame
• image stabilization: no
• tripod mount: yes, Arca-Swiss 3/8 "1/4"
• camera / camcorder mount: M48x0.75 thread
• finder foot: yes, Vixen
• body material: metal
• body finish: black and red
• dimensions: 100 x 195 mm
• weight: 1.8 kg
• Askar ACL200 f / 4 generation 2 (G2) lens
• sun visor
• 2 "filter adapter
• tripod foot
Introductory remark in a nutshell: our testers are delighted with the quality of the optics of this lens.
Pleiades (M45) and Mars (more information at https://astrob.in/2r5om5/D/); click to enlarge
Integrated Flux Nebula (IFN, Anio³, more information at https://astrob.in/4dk06a/B/); click to enlarge