ASI 2600 MM Pro is one of the newest proposals of the ZWO company, which already at the pre-sale stage was hailed as one of the most important astrophotographic products of 2021.
The heart of this camera is a monochrome CMOS sensor developed by Sony, similar to that used in the color version of the ASI 2600 MM Pro. The only difference between these matrices is the lack of a Bayer grating, characteristic of color cameras. Above all, the IMX571 sensor is characterized by a very low noise of only 0.0024 e / s / px at 0 ° C. This means that with a 300-second exposure, the total noise is less than 1e, which means it is negligible in practice.
Developed by the Japanese, the light-sensitive element uses the backlight technology, thanks to which it is much more sensitive than the matrices made in traditional technology, in which metal electrodes and transistor elements are located between the light source and the photodiode surface. In the case of the Sony IMX571 sensor, these elements do not obscure the active surface, which, combined with the lack of a Bayer grating, allowed to obtain the maximum quantum efficiency in the peak of 91%.
Another benefit of using a back-illuminated light sensor is the elimination of the Amp-Glow effect. This phenomenon, manifested in the brightening of the image with long exposure, has been the bane of astrophotographers for a very long time. The ASI 2600 MM Pro camera is another model in the ZWO offer that is free from this problem.
A 16-bit analog-to-digital converter is responsible for signal processing while maintaining the highest tonal range and the maximum dynamic range.
This product is also characterized by an extremely complex temperature regulation system. The two-stage Peltier module keeps the temperature of the CMOS matrix low, guaranteeing almost immeasurable noise, and the special heater surrounding the protective glass eliminates the risk of condensation.
• Monochrome Sony IMX571 APS-C format matrix with a resolution of 26 MPix
• 16-bit ADC converter guaranteeing high dynamic range of the image
• 256 MB of DDR3 memory acting as a buffer ensuring stable data transmission
• efficient and energy-saving, two-stage cooling system based on the Peltier module
• built-in heater to prevent condensation
• ZWO D60-2 AR protective glass with high transmittance prevents dust from settling on the matrix
• matrix: Sony IMX571 (monochrome)
• matrix type: CMOS with backlight
• matrix size: 23.5 x 17.5 mm (APS-C format), diagonal 28.3 mm
• matrix resolution: 26 MPix, 6248 x 4176 px
• single pixel size: 3.76 µm
• capacity well of the potential: 50 ke
• reading noise: <1 - 3.3 e
• quantum efficiency in the peak: 91%
• exposure time: 32 µs - 2000 s
• ROI (select area of interest): yes
• shutter type: rolling shutter, electronic
• back focus: 17.5 mm
• fast sensor protection: D60-2 AR, transmission> 95% @ 400 - 700 nm,> 75% @ 400 - 1000 nm
• thickness of the glass protecting the matrix: 2 mm
• buffer size: 256 MB DDR3
• ADC: 16 bit
• compatible operating systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
• ports: 1x USB 3.0 (in), 2x USB 2.0 (out), power socket 12 V, 3 A
• cooling system: 2-stage, Peltier cells, ΔT 35 ° C, maximum power consumption 12 V, 3 A
• built-in heater: yes, polyamide, 5 W
• minimum permissible operating temperature: -5 ° C
• maximum permissible operating temperature: 50 ° C
• connector: M42x0.75
• dimensions: 97 x 90 mm
• weight: 700 g
16 bit ADC
• 3.51 fps @ 6248 x 4176
• 4.75 fps @ 4096 x 3072
• 6.71 fps @ 4096 x 2160
• 6.71 fps @ 3840 x 2160
• 13.13 fps @ 1920 x 1080
• 19.29 fps @ 1280 x 720
• 28.06 fps @ 640 x 480
• 51.44 fps @ 320 x 240
More resolution options are available in the software.
• ZWO ASI 2600 MM Pro camera
• camera cover
• M48-M42 adapter
• USB 3.0 cable (2 m)
• 2 x USB 2.0 cable (0.5 m)
• distance M42 - M42 21 mm
• distance M42 - M48 16.5 mm
• Allen key