ZWO ASI485MC is one of the newest items in the offer of the ZWO company, which is the market leader in professional astrophotography cameras. This model is designed primarily for photographing planets, the moon and the sun, but it will also be perfect as a streaming tool or for monitoring weather conditions.
The heart of this camera is the excellent Sony IMX485 matrix, using the backlight and Sony Starvis ™ technology, thanks to which it is characterized by extremely high sensitivity, as well as sensational image quality both in the visible range and in the near infrared. This matrix also has a negligibly low level of readout noise, amounting to 0.7e in HCG mode and with a gain of 80. In combination with a large potential well capacity and a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter, it guarantees is to obtain breathtaking results in almost all conditions.
The whole is closed in a light and compact casing made of aluminum and finished in red color characteristic for ZWO products.
• color camera with a small pixel diameter and negligible reading noise, designed for planetary astrophotography
• Sony IMX485 matrix with backlight using Sony Starvis ™ technology
• 12-bit ADC converter ensuring high dynamic range
• electronic rolling shutter to eliminate camera shake
• very high quantum efficiency and large capacity of the potential well
• matrix: Sony IMX485 (color)
• sensor type: back-illuminated CMOS with Sony Starvis ™ technology
• matrix size: 11.1 x 6.2 mm (1 / 1.2 "format), diagonal 12.9 mm
• matrix resolution: 8.29 MPix, 3840 x 2160 px
• single pixel size: 2.9 x 2.9 µm
• capacity well of the potential: 13 ke
• reading noise: 0.7 - 6.4 e
• quantum efficiency in the peak: 85% @ 530 nm
• exposure time: 32 µs - 2000 s
• Bayer grid layout: R, Gr, Gb, B
• shutter type: rolling shutter, electronic
• back focus: 17.5 mm
• matrix filter: AR glass window
• ADC: 12 bit
• maximum number of frames per second: 39 fps
• maximum number of frames per second at full resolution: 27.2 fps
• compatible operating systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
• output formats: RAW8, RAW16, RGB24, Mono8
• ports: USB 3.0, ST-4
• cooling system: lack
• minimum permissible operating temperature: -5 ° C
• maximum permissible operating temperature: 50 ° C
• connector: M42 x 0.75
• weight: 133 g
• ZWO ASI485MC camera
• 1.25 "end cap
• end cap 2 "
• toe 1.25 "
• ST-4 cable
• USB 3.0 cable (2 m)