USB connection cable dedicated for controlling the Skywatcher Virtuoso telescope / assembly. It allows you to connect to the Virtuoso assembly computer and get many unique options.
Thanks to the connection of Virtuoso, it can be controlled directly from popular computer programs such as Stellarium, Hallo Northern Sky or Cartes du Ciel.
• transmission signaling by means of three LED diodes
• voltage levels: 3.3 V
• length: approx. 150 cm (the cable can be extended using a USB / USB extension, up to 5 meters)
• system requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
The cable allows you to control the telescope from astronomical programs such as the planetarium, such as Stellarium ( LINK ), Cartes du Ciel ( CDC, LINK ), Hallo Northern Sky ( HNSky, LINK ). The control takes place via the ASCOM platform ( LINK to the platform - installation required) , the GOTO-AZ plugin ( LINK ) and a dedicated electronics controller located in the offered cable ( LINK ).
In order to install the control:
1. install PL2303 drivers ( LINK ) before connecting the cable
2. connect the cable to the USB port - the RS232 driver should be properly installed
3. in the device manager, check the port under which the cable has been installed (COM and LPT ports -> COMx where x is 1, 2, 3, ... 16)
4. install the ASCOM platform ( LINK)
5. install a driver dedicated to SynScan AZ mounts for ASCOM ( LINK )
6. Depending on the needs, download and install the CDC, Stellarium or HNSKY program or another, working with the ASCOM platform
7. programs should be configured to use the appropriate assembly, providing as control ASCOM platform, Driver AZ GOTO and corresponding COM port
Note: Stellarium must be additionally installed for the Stellarium program (available on Stellarium.org) and run the program via Stellarium Scope.