The Meade company, introducing the LX200 series telescopes, gave astronomy enthusiasts powerful tools that, both in the hands of professionals and intermediate users, will allow them to obtain images of a quality incomparable to other instruments. this class.
The optical system of this telescope is a modified Ritchey-Chretien system characterized by a flat and coma-free field of view. Meade designers, however, did not stop at adapting this classic solution and subjected it to far-reaching modifications, thanks to which they managed to eliminate the occurrence of diffraction lines (a defect characteristic of the RC system) and significantly reduce astigmatism . The LX200-ACF UHTC 12 "f / 10 model is also equipped with an enlarged main mirror made of borosilicate glass with reduced expansion. Thanks to this, the instrument makes much better use of the entire field of view, while being less intimidating. Susceptible to changes in thermal conditions.
All optical elements are additionally covered with anti-reflective UHTC ™ coating, which transmits over 20% more light than other multilayer coatings. Thanks to the use of this technology, the obtained images are very bright and high-contrast.
• the optical tube of the system is Ritchey-Chretien / ACF, characterized by negligible astigmatism and no diffraction lines
• enlarged main mirror made of borosilicate glass with a reduced coefficient of expansion
• optical system covered with high transmittance coatings (UHTC ™)
• optical system: Ritchey-Chretien / Advanced Coma-Free
• mirror diameter: 12 "
• material of the optical system: borosilicate glass / Schott Borofloat
• focal length: 3048 mm
• lighted: f / 10
• maximum useful magnification: 610x
• star range: 14.9 mag
• resolving power: 0.380 "
• anti-reflective coating: UHTC ™ high efficiency full coating
• type of eyepiece: single speed focuser
• main mirror lock: yes
• tripod mount: Losmanda rail
• tube weight: 15.8 kg
• Meade LX200-ACF UHTC 12 "f / 10 optical tube
• Losmanda rail