Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer sets new standards in simple, mobile wide-field astrophotography . It is a small and inconspicuous device, which in fact is a precise and advanced paralactic head with a number of very useful features.
A set of functions allows you to quickly and efficiently take high-quality photos of the night sky. In addition to many tracking speeds, the head has an autoguider port and allows you to trigger the camera shutter at any time intervals set using advanced Firmware. Thanks to this head, you can create not only beautiful astrophotos using many single frames, but also time-lapse time-lapse sequences with a moving background and a relatively new and very fashionable form of night photography - star scapes , where the starry sky, which is closely followed by the head, plays the main role Star Adventurer.
The modern drive solution with the use of DC servo allows not only for precise control of tracking speed, but also is a compact and very economical solution - Star Adventurer can work even for several days left on one set of batteries.
Field tests have shown that this assembly is able to perform virtually error-free exposures up to 5 minutes using a lens with a standard focal length of 50 mm. Using the optional autoguider, lenses with focal lengths from 300 to 500 mm can be used without any problems.
Working with the head is facilitated by a very precise, illuminated polar scope, which will not be seen with much larger and more expensive parallactic mounts. It takes into account the correction of the North Pole position due to precession, and hitting the pole is facilitated by legible descriptions and the annual scale.
The head has an adjustable paralactic wedge with a 1/4 and 3/8 inch tripod mount and an L-adapter with a 1/4 inch tripod thread, mounted to the head with dovetail in the Vixen standard. It is possible to retrofit the Star Adventurer head with a high quality ball head, which gives the photographer unlimited freedom in choosing a photo composition. For ergonomic and functional reasons, Star Adventurer has one movable axis in right ascension, which can be quickly adjusted during operation by means of an adjustable mechanical clutch.
• maximum load capacity: 5 kg
• compatible with 1/4 "and 3/8" tripods
• Vixen saddle
• DC motor with encoder (DC servo)
• aluminum worm wheel ? = 86 mm / 144 teeth
• 13 mm brass screw
• 4xAA battery power - very low power consumption
• external power supply via the microUSB port
• up to 72 hours of uninterrupted battery life
Tracking / tracking
• 7 tracking speeds: 0.5x, 2x, 6x, 12x, star, lunar and solar
• allows you to manually control traffic in both directions
• the head is equipped with a mechanical clutch enabling quick change of position
• built-in precision polar scope with backlight
• built-in autoguider with an ST-4 port
• weight of the set: 3,5 kg
• Star Adventurer astrophotographic head with integrated polar scope
• paralactic wedge / equatorial wedge
• counterweight rod with 2.2 kg counterweight
• L-adapter arm for mounting the camera or head